Saturday, February 3, 2007

Seven Years Have Passed...

Today is my little sister Fanessa's First Holy Communion (now in Grade IV). Meh, I took my FHC earlier. (:P) She is schooling in the same school where me and her other sisters graduated from elementary. Lineage, huh?

Whoa, it has been seven years already since I graduated from elementary. But still I could remember how things looked like before. Too bad, change is inevitable...

The Grade VI building, which was spanking in yellow paint, is now full of mildew, perhaps because of the weather. The paint coat is chipping out, too. The nails which supported the ceilings are now bent, and the ceiling sticking out.

I could still remember when we planted the carabao grasses which surrounds the grotto of the Lady of Guadalupe, just infront of the Grade VI building. Good thing that the grotto still stands today, and the carabao grass growing green.

I decided to take a walk to the school's grounds, and a familiar place got my eyes. The stage, where we used to play (and where I climbed up for graduation). It once had a slanting ramp beside the ladder, where we used to play slides (^^;), but now it was removed and made an extension to the ladder. Now who can play slides? They also installed fences around the stage, perhaps to keep the students from going out of their classes, and perhaps to keep people from falling off. For now, the stage is a temporary classroom, since the school was struck by fire late last year, and the school is really in need for rooms. So much for playing games in the stage, huh?

Right behind the stage used to be three classrooms. But now, everything is rubble because of the same fire I mentioned above. It ate around five classrooms, and the public toilet. Until today, workers are still going around the rubble.

On the right side of the stage used to be earth, but now they cemented it. I can still remember that we planted mahogany trees along that area, and the last time I checked it, they were already meters high. Too bad they have to cut it off for cementing.

My Grade IV classroom was right at a glance. I can still remember the time when I first came into this school (I was a transferee), and how everyone was surprised with my accent. So many memories...I even got to read the "Correct Way of Oral Reading" poster under the blackboard. Honestly, I owe most of what I am today with those little posters.

The garden at the back of the room used to be full of greens, but now only a few survived.

A few walks away and the now-converted-into-a-warehouse Home Economics room can be seen. There used to be an entrance from it to the canteen, where I usually pass when I'm late (:P).

And speaking of the canteen? Well, they took it out and built a classroom, a very small one. I guess they direly need rooms that they have to level down some infrastructures and make rooms. Sigh.

My trip down mem'ry lane is now over. I have to get back to the line. The communers (eh, how would you like to call the children who will take the communion? ^^:) are starting to move out from the school and off to the church.

0 Comments: