Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sayoonara, Monitor

Today is a sad day, not because of school nor family nor love life (screw the last one), but because today, I bid farewell to my computer monitor.

The monitor I’m currently using is Mark’s, my friend. The monitor stayed for me for quite some time, and it has helped me an awful lot.

My own monitor got broken, for some unknown reason. I’m thinking of overheating, because the last time I used it was during noontime: room temperature was hot, and no presence of air ventilation mechanisms (e.g. air conditioners, fans). Mom and I wanted to have it fixed to my technician cousin (we had money back then) but when we checked him out last time, he was on the job. Now, we don’t have the resources; we’re even having a hard time making both ends meet.

Mark overheard me in school that I need a replacement. He volunteered to lend their spare monitor, which is actually his Kuya’s. But since his older brother is not yet using it, his Kuya gave the go-signal to allow Mark to lend the monitor to me. I was bothering Mark too much, to think that I didn’t tell him ahead that I’ll be coming to their house to fetch the monitor. He was caught unprepared; the monitor is unpacked yet. Worse, it was raining at that time, and he has to accompany me from their house to the jeepney stop.

We agreed that I will borrow the monitor until the end of January, since I was preparing for the CESAFI IT Quiz Bowl. The deadline got extended since we qualified for PRISAA IT Quiz Bowl and I am yet to prepare. Now the contest is finished; I now have to do my part of the bargain.

For almost two months, my computer came to life once again. I was able to collect and listen to my favorite songs, play with my favorite games, keep my treasured photos, watch my favorite movies, do my school works, study for the contest, and the sort.

Not until today…

I guess I’ll miss my computer again. I won’t be able to listen to my favorite songs again, nor play with my favorite games, nor view my treasured photos. I guess I have to stop borrowing movie CDs for now, and I guess I’ll do my school work back in the internet cafĂ©. God, I’ll be spending much again.

Though I can assess that my old monitor had a better resolution than Mark’s, but it’s better than having none. I am the beggar here, and I ought not to choose.


I guess I have to look for another monitor to lend, better yet if I have my old one fixed. I prefer the latter.

Sayoonara, Monitor.

0 Comments: