Monday, February 5, 2007

A Helping Hand

I've been very busy these past few weeks for the preparation for our College Days, which is due this Wednesday-Saturday. Our College Days will compose mainly of activities that will hone our students' potential through academic/cultural contests, IT seminars, and also to give them a break away from books, homeworks, and professors through fun-filled activities (one of which is our Ms. ICS 2007 Pageant).

Anyway...

I was assigned today to post the academic contests' guidelines in every bulletin board in our college. And I mean it, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Tough job, huh?

After printing the guidelines and photocopying it (which means I have to go up-and-down the building), I'm off to do my thing.

Off to the first bulletin board. Yeah, right. -_-;

Well, at least I only have to post 9 guidelines in every board, to think that each board is around 2.5 X 4ft. and the guidelines are in legal-paper size. You know what it means? I have to paste some of the guidelines OUTSIDE the bulletin boards, which sounds kinda absurd. I wonder if the students would mind thinking "out-of-the-board." XD

Meh, and I'm taking too much time on posting them. I have to go through the toil of tearing the tapes and pasting them on the papers to putting them on the boards ALL BY MYSELF. Oh well, I'm used to doing things myself anyway. No bother.

But to think that I still have to go around the whole college...I definitely needs some help!

Then all of a sudden, a stranger, no, a beautiful stranger came to help me. "Hey, let me help you with those. You seem to be taking time.", she said. Hmmm, she looks very pretty, and young too. Perhaps she's in her first/second year of college. Now that's interesting...

So this...beautiful stranger, took care of tearing the packaging tapes while I did the pasting-and-posting. Surprisingly, work was fast-paced, almost tripled to that when I was doing it alone. And doing it with someone with sheer beauty and kindness sure makes things a lot easier. ^^;

Yeah, we did talk about stuff, and later I found out her name. Janice. LOL, and she's already in her fourth year of college. Oh well, Ate Janice then. XD

She was a classmate of one of our advisers before, but she had to stop schooling for one and a half year due to some constraints. But now she's back. Glad to hear it.

Minutes and minutes have passed, and we have finished posting all the guidelines. Whew, that was some pain in the back. ^^;

Ate Janice needs to attend to her classes, and she was in a hurry.

But not until I give her my thanks...

0 Comments: