Thursday, February 15, 2007

Leaving for Bohol

Miss Soque (our coach) met with us just this afternoon, to discuss this Saturday’s game. She gave us the guidelines for the IT Quiz bowl, and heck, we aren’t allowed to wear any shirt with the school’s logo, or any indication to avoid biases. It sounds valid enough.

The team will be leaving for Bohol tomorrow morning. The team will rendezvous at the school gates by 6:30am, and will be leaving at 8:30. We will be boarding the Super Cat cruiser, since it’s a lot faster compared to other vessels, of course with the matching price tag. Oh well, I’m not paying for it anyway. We will be staying at the Tourist Inn, in a family-size room. There will be no guy-girl division, since I am the only one on the trip. ^^;

After the contest this Saturday, we still have the Sunday to tour around Bohol. Damn, I can’t wait to see the Chocolate Hills, and the famed Tarsier primates. Oh, and my classmates want us to bring pasalubong. ^^;

My teammate Anabelle wasn’t able to come on time for the meeting, since she still has her on-the-job training at Lexmark (Lexington), so I have to relay Miss Soque’s instruction.

Aside from the protocols, Miss Soque told me some inspiring words. I know that I’ll be hearing another cliché again, but I don’t mind. She wants us to do our best, our very, very best for the competition. We should enjoy the tilt, and not be pressured. The school administration is hoping for us to win, but she said that it should not be detrimental but rather motivational to our upcoming performance. We must let loose and relax.

She also told me that Sir Bernard (the overall head of the PRISAA delegates from our school) will be giving out cash incentives to those who will win the contests, though she’s not sure if it’d be the Regional PRISAA (the one which we’re joining) or the National PRISAA. Now that’s more like it. ^^;

Anabelle came just in time. We went back to Miss Soque to take the reviewers. Asked for clarifications, then we’re off to go. We still have to pack-up. And no, no swimming. (I don’t know how to swim anyway. :P)

I have to be honest; I wasn’t able to study that much. With the hectic ICS Days preparations, top it up with my procrastination, plus the advent of me playing more games than studying, I doubt if I will be at my very best this Saturday. I’m so dependent of my stock knowledge, and thus failed to review. Too much overconfidence really kills. I also doubt if Anabelle was able to review, since she also had her share of work during the ICS Days and her duty as an OJT at Lexmark. I guess I do not deserve to win; I guess we don’t deserve to win. Miss Soque, I hope you will forgive us. T_T

Wish us the best of luck~!

0 Comments: