Saturday, February 3, 2007

My Little Sister's Communion

This morning was my little sister Fanessa’s communion. A once-in-a-lifetime experience for her will open for her as she accepts the sacrament of the communion: receiving the Body of Christ.

Mom should be the one to accompany her, but she has to do the laundry, so I attended my sister instead. Though I still have some duties at school, but that can wait.

We marched our way from the school to the church. And upon reaching the venue, I was astounded. What happened to the church? The whole placed is wrecked and full of gravel. Hmmm, perhaps the church is undergoing renovation. But, since when did this start? Meh, that goes to show that I am not a churchgoer. -_-;

Masses are temporarily held at the church’s gym.

The children are starting to fill up the seats. Parents are also accompanying them, tending to their every needs. From a distance I can see “paparazzi” er, photographers lurking around, in hopes to get a shot for today’s affair. For a fee, of course. And obviously, the parents would want to preserve this memory for years to come.

I only had thirty pesos in my pocket. Hope this would be enough for the down payment for the picture. I asked her to take my sister’s picture when she takes Christ’s body. I’m glad she accepted my meager down payment. Hehehe, it really helps having neighbors. ^^; (she was a neighbor of ours)

I also want to treasure this moment, especially for my little sister smiling at me. It was enough to give out all the money I have. Money comes and goes, but a time like this doesn’t come everyday. My sister’s happiness paid it off.

While waiting for the priest, they practiced the songs, and you just can imagine how angelic the voices of these little kids sound.

Time’s ticking out…and the priest is not even a shadow. (Did that come out right?)
Damn Filipino time!

And yes, the priest arrived, in the nick of time.

I’ll be using my Fast Forward ticket again. ^^;

Then came the time when the “communers” receive Christ’s body. Hehehe, I was more excited than the kids. I saw Fanessa smiling again, and I smiled back. I know she’s happy with this new phase in her life.

After the mass, we walked our way to home.

0 Comments: