Sunday, February 11, 2007

Really Absurd

Well, after days of not going online, I finally got the chance to do my usual net habits again.

I checked out my Friendster account just a few hours ago. Hehehe, I got a friend request from Kathleen (if you have read my post "
Being the Middleman", you'll remember her). And as usual, my inbox is again full of unwanted chain mails (right, spam), along with fabricated subject titles so as to 'appeal' to the reader. Meh, too bad I've learned from these. But for the benefit of the doubt, since the mail is entitled "Very Nice: Promise", I clicked the link, and found that the mail was a linkback to this site: http://www.love.2loop.com/

And guess what I found out: it asked me to input several items, out of which it will compose a "love story." Here is the sequence:

"Follow the instructions to make your wishes of love come true."
"Enter an adjective:" - bright
"Enter a place:" - school
"Enter another adjective:" -lonely
"Enter the name of a person of the opposite sex:" -Denise (don't ask)
"Is this person a he or she?:" -She
"Enter the name of a person in any gender:" -Sumanyu (-_-);
"Enter another adjective:" -good-looking
"Enter one more adjective:" -attractive
"Enter another place:" -Canada
"What is your favorite thing to do:" -playing games
"Type in a phrase you say a lot:" - What the heck?
"Enter a noun:" -fox (LOL)
"Enter your favorite number:" five (5)

The result:

-------------------
One bright summer day at school you see the most lonely creature you have ever seen. Their name is Denise , and every move She makes just turns you on more and more. You nudge your best friend Sumanyu and say, "Wow, that has to be the most good-looking body I have ever seen."

Suddenly, She looks in your direction and starts walking right towards you!!!

She says, "I noticed you staring at me from over there. I just had to tell you, that I think you are so attractive , and was wondering if you'd like to go to Canada with me and playing games ?" With a stupid smile on your face you say, "What the heck? " and go with them.

When you finally get to Canada , She moves closer to you, and gives you the biggest kiss ever. The two of you are passionately kissing, when you feel a fox hit you on the back of the head. You open your eyes to find out it's all a dream, but there is a note left next to your bed.

It reads:

"Denise is the love you've been waiting your whole life for. She will ask you out in 5 days or less, but only if you send this e-mail to at least 10 people within the next few minutes. The more people you send it to, the sooner they will ask you out, and you both fall in love. Do not take this lightly, because if you simply ignore this, you will have bad luck in love for the next 5 years!"
--------------------

Laugh-out-loud, but I can't help myself but be amused as to how some people would go just to advertise. The nerve of some people. You should've noticed that it used the same format and capitalization as to how I inputted it. Oh, and the grammar too. XD

Ahem, my apologies to Sumanyu and Mihai. Sorry if I have to use both of you in my foolishness. ^^;

Too bad, I won't be sending it to ten people. I'm not the type who fills other people's inboxes with spam and junk. But come to think of it...

Meh. :P

0 Comments: