Sunday, February 11, 2007

The ICS College Days: In a Nutshell

*I haven't updated my blog for quite some time, and I opt to now. ^^;

Meh, blame me for my laziness in posting. After going home from school, I rather play with my SNES emulator than type what has transpired that day. Oh well.*

----------------

So many interesting stories have happened during the four-day ICS College Days, held last Wednesday-Saturday. Witness how the nutshell cracks open...

It were the days when people were all hasty. Times when last-minute reservations, unprepared speeches, and impromptu shows were the 'in' thing. No one should be pointing fingers as to who were to blame, but rather help out with the situation. It's be least best thing to do.

It were also the days when people's adrenaline were so high that even carrying a ~20kg. whitescreen was a breeze. Yep, I carried that one, and you could just imagine me going down from the fifth floor (which the ICS college was located) and up again to the fourth floor (of another building where the opening was held). And no, no elevators were available. I hope I got some millimeter of muscle out of that exercise. XD

These were the days of first-hand experiences and newly-opened doors. I got my first pink-colored T-shirt (meh). Also, I finally found the English speaking partner I've been looking for the whole time, Charlene. I also got to see first-hand the trophies and the medals to be given to the winners of the different contests to be held during the four-day event. And the most exciting one was when I played Warcraft-Defense of the Ancients (DOTA) with my friends. We were all neophytes, basically no idea as to what heroes to use and what items to buy and what skills to be upgraded and what not. Hehehe, I won the match. :P

These are also the days when one (has to) sacrifice(s) filling their own stomachs, but rather think of other people's stomach to feed. Contestants, contest chairmen, special guests, and performers should be on top queue. The organizers will have the eating later.

Times when one should be exercising, even without his knowing. Times when one should stop thinking about getting some rest and being pampered. Times when we have to go up-and-down the building countless times just to get the activity going. We served as the communication line between the different events held simultaneously in different locations, delivering errands.

Times when people were losing their heads easily. Times when a single pull of the trigger can blow people's minds off. Countless times me and my co-officers argue on a lot of things, most especially with our tasks as contest coordinators. At one time our teacher (who was to serve as the emcee for the pageant night) almost backed off because she was censured by another teacher (the main organizer). And speaking of the main organizer? Well, he blew his head the most times, especially during the pageant night.

Times when things don't happen as planned. Times when parts of the program have to be cancelled for the benefit of all. Times when you have so little time with so many things to be finished. Times of delayed schedules and delayed preparations and abrupt endings. Yes, the disco last night (after the pageant) was whack! A short circuit happened, and the security unit decided to stop the celebration right there and then, fearing for the aftermath.

Apart from these mishaps, these were also the days where one sees the value of hardwork, friendship, cooperation, responsibility, and teamwork. Times where one shouldn't forget about seeing the bright side of things, about smiling and laughing, and enjoying the activity overall.

The ICS College Days were filled with interesting stories, both good and bad. But one thing's for sure, it was a storehouse of life experiences that one will treasure for the years of his life.

I've learned a lot from the activity, and so it will be etched in my mind.

0 Comments: