Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Search Your Name on the Internet, I Dare You!

Actually opened up during the meeting (see previous post), Sean (yes, him again) stated this revelation that our names actually accumulate results from top search engines, with a three of those results are likely relevant to us, be that Friendster, a .PDF file of the list of SM Scholars, and our blog (if any). This statement was supported by some of the scholars who have tried the trick.

Out of curiosity, I tried searching my name on a few search engines today, and whoa at the results!

-----

My Name on Google...
My Name on Yahoo!...
My Name on MSN...

(I didn't bother with the others search engines, since I only have a few time left to stay in this internet cafe. :p)

-----

I actually laughed with some of the search results. Ok, my Friendster was there, my IMEEM uploads, and even my Flickr. I am a bit confused (and upset) as to why my blog (this one) wasn't 'searched', when in fact Blogger is an affiliate of Google. Hmmm, I wonder why.

I was a bit astounded upon seeing my name on obituaries, only to find out on the long run that it was only a part of my name! Silly search results. It really pays paying attention first, and not jumping into conclusion at once. :O

So, who wants to jump into the bandwagon of name search on the net? Just prepare yourself though for anything from bizarre to downright funny. Hahaha.

(thanks again to Seanjames for this laugh trip)

0 Comments: