Sunday, July 8, 2007

Meeting with the Old and New

So yes, today was the scheduled rendezvous for the SM Foundation, Inc. scholars.

The new intakes were clustering themselves on the left corner of the conference hall. It has been a favorite spot for every newcomer. I don't know, but I can see myself in them years ago: quite, aloof, and nonparticipating. They've been the focus of attention of everyone, and were most of the times encouraged to do some of the work. But they still prefer to stay in their comfort zone. It's inevitable, and it really happens.

I'm not really familiar with everyone inside the Conference Room, especially the first years. LOL, I don't even remember all the names of the younger scholars. Only a few people have made a mark on my head, most are the ones who stands out more often from the rest, either with their funny antics, oh-so-loud retorts, and what not(Mark, Sean, I'm talking about you guys. :D). Of course, there was Ms. Joan, being our ever-loving proctor.

But today though, Mark wasn't present. Actually, a third (estimates, estimates...)of the whole group didn't show up. Busy with school? Forgot about the meeting? Taking a rest? Populate the choices. :)

And who replaced Mark on the frontline? Who else, but my good ol' partner (in-crime), Ferlina. And their voices enveloped the wee-sized conference room. As usual, Sean was into it again: bursting out all of his thoughts and not running out of ideas. He actually shared quite a lot (and I mean it) of 'techniques' about college survival (:P). Ferlina was in-charge of the comic relief, injecting humor unto anything that's supposed to be discussed seriously. Hahaha, that's what I liked most about her. :D

One of today's agenda was the election of officers. Since Ate Liberty already graduated, so her position of President is left vacant. Some were retained of their positions, and some were newly elected. Fearl succeeded Ate Liberty for President, while I took over the Vice President position, and Sean being the new Secretary. Oh my God. :O

Next meeting will be on August 12th. I hope everyone can come...

2 Comments:

shounn said...

hey my fella sm skolar.... im dumbfounded when i saw your name on my tagboard...hehehe that means only one thing... youve checked it as youd said.... thanks anyway...and im actually returning the favor..... you do write very well!!!! promise..

shounn said...

wow!!! youve been to korea??? you must have gotten rich.....hahaha libre!!!!inig sunod meeting ha!!! hope you read my comments.... you have a nice blog too!!!ill make a link....