Sunday, June 10, 2007

Finally, It's Time

This midnight (it's 12:50am, GMT +8), I'll be flying direct from Cebu to Incheon International Airport, South Korea. After months of waiting, the study tour is now to commence.

This will be my first time outside of the country, so I'm really terrified, and excited. I don't know; it's like a whirlwind of emotions in me. I can feel my heart palpitating, and had occasional deep breaths. I've been into a lot of trouble with the preparations, from the passport to my personal belongings. I'm tense, but I'm also jittering. Finally, I'm going to ride an airplane! It's a childhood dream-come-true. :)

This is also the first time that the school will be sending a student overseas to participate in a study tour. A lot of people (especially the President) are expecting a lot from me and from what I gain from the tour. This makes me more insecure. I don't know if I can represent the school well. Will I represent the school well? Can I get away from my inferiority complex?

I wasn't able to bid goodbye to a lot of people, even to my friends. I don't know if they have ill feelings towards me, but that is almost certain. How I wish I can compensate my shortcomings. To my friends, I'm sorry if I wasn't able to bid a formal goodbye. I'm not neglecting you or anything. It's all my fault.

To all the people I've caused a lot of trouble, I humbly ask for an apology. Sorry if I've been hasty these past few days. Blame me for not preparing my things beforehand. This is one habit that I am, and I should, change.

But even with that, I wish to thank all the people who had provided me aid, most especially to Ma'am Maris (our Dean), for giving me more that what I needed, and to Mr. Chiu, for recommending me for the program and for believing in my potential. There are so many of you to name, but you know who you are, and I thank you for all your help. My best regards also goes to all people who have one way or another brought me into this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

I won't be seeing you for ten days, nor I will be posting in this blog nor visiting the webspace. I don't know if they provide internet access during the whole tour. Pray for me.

Farewell...for now.

0 Comments: