Thursday, September 6, 2007

Yey, Intramurals!

No classes, weeeee!

This 1:00pm, I and Anabelle are gonna be participating the IT Quiz Bowl, competing against two other teams from UC-Main and three more groups from UC-LM and UC-Banilad separately.

I have not studied profoundly. I'm really weak at identifications. I've joined a lot of contests, and general information is my weak point. I'd better do the programming.

The other teams are quite as competent as us, posing an equal threat.

Ma'am Maris (our Dean) has high hopes on me and Anabelle, having participated in CESAFI and qualifying for the regional contest (related articles: here and here). I've made an ode to myself that upon stepping the fourth year, I'll lie low on joining contests to focus on my study. But this time, I can't exempt myself.

I can't dedicate my full time for this contest. Our thesis has to be done on double-time, especially that the deadline is coming close. I also have my work at Lexmark R&D.

But come to think of it, thanks to the quiz contests I've joined, I've gained experience that would help me out in this another endeavor. Right now, I'm reviewing all the programming problems we've solved during the contest (and those given by our professors), and reading my freshman introductory IT book for the terms. Yeah, it's kinda late. :(

Well, pray for the both of us. :)

0 Comments: