Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A Cure for the Itch?

A word of warning: This post may contain 'unpleasing' terms and may sound disturbing to some.

-----

Nope, I'm not talking about the Linkin Park instrumental of the same title...

My buttocks has been very sensitive lately, especially on the right side. I've been having a lot of inflammations. Even a simple scratch can already provoke a tiny bump. As the bump gradually enlarges, so does it hinder my ability to sit properly. Worse, blood and a white substance (don't know the technical term) ooze out of it, which is completely uncomfortable. I feel like a woman on her menstrual period. And it really leaves bloodstains on my underwear. Washing laundry has never been my cup of tea, and these bloodstains make matters worse.

I've gotten like two already, both very annoying and painful. It's more excruciating when the bump area is pressed by sitting. How can I help it? It is the buttocks that is in constant contact and is one of the most used parts, and the bump is always provoked. Human as I am, sitting down is a capital need. I have to bear with the pain.

And as women apply napkin to absorb the flow of blood from the vagina, so does I have to swab Betadine(Povidone Iodine) and cushion with Band-aid and cotton.

With this, I've regarded more respect to our women for bearing with their menstrual cycle. I blow my horns. This isn't easy.

I don't know. I can't help but scratch the itch, like a disk jock on his turntable. Call it weird, but it kinda feels good - a totally orgasmic experience, so to speak.

The working definition of itching from a standard dermatology textbook is, “a sensation that causes a desire to scratch.” Fair enough, but why does itch (and scratching) feels good?

Taken from an anti-itch cream website I've stumbled upon searching:

[--Scratching an itch provides only temporary relief, and, unfortunately, only leads to more itching. This is called the "itch-scratch-cycle, " which only makes matters worse. Some scientists believe that scratching actually helps the body release pain-relieving endorphins, but this has not been proven and scratching only provides temporary relief. Scratching may indeed scrape off a layer of skin, but this does not make the itch disappear and it can lead to more serious secondary infections.--]

And so the proverbial saying goes, pleasure has corresponding pain. From the same website:

[--Scratching an itch only leads to more itching and more scratching and possibly, a secondary infection. People who experience itching, whether from dry weather, Poison Ivy or insect bites, should apply over-the-counter (OTC) topical remedies that effectively treat the particular type of itch they have. If these remedies don't work, or if the itching lasts for more than a week or becomes quite severe, it is best to contact a physician.--]

My Betadine ointment is almost depleted, and my allowance is yet to arrive this Monday. I wonder if I can sustain treatment if (God forbid) another inflammation grows on my buttocks again.

Speaking of which, a two-day old bump is on my right buttocks again. Like the other two, there is still no sign of white substance nor blood, but the tingling pain is already there. Oh no, am I going to relive the story again?

Blame it to the a sensation that causes a desire to scratch. This fetish has got to stop. Itching is pleasurable, but definitely not worth the aftermath.

0 Comments: