Sunday, September 9, 2007

September: the Month of Birthdays and Worries

September can be considered our family's flagship month. It is in this month that most of the family members celebrate their birthdays. First would be my young sister Alyssa (who's celebrating her birthday today). Next would be my Mom and my young sister Fanessa this Tuesday, followed by my young brother Lucky the day after. Mine would be next Wednesday, and Tiyo Roy's next to me.

To reiterate, September 9 is my beloved young sister Alyssa's 17th birthday. She's in Danao right now, living with my other two young sisters and with Kaia as their caretaker (Mom is in Negros to attend Ate Yammy's wedding, and Ate Mikit's in Japan).

Sad that I can't give her a gift now. I don't have enough money to buy her a present; my allowance is yet to arrive tomorrow.

Don't worry A-gie, as soon as I have the money, I'll give you your requested anime songs. :)

Maligayang Kaarawan, A-gie.

-----

I'm very happy with how our thesis is going. Through our joined efforts, we are now creating the program modules. We've finished a prototype proposal of Mactan Cebu Trade Center.

It's amazing that for only a few days, we were able to make it this far. After suffering emotional traume, and going on the painstaking process of company searching, finally we have found the one that would satisfy our four criteria: one that has not been studied by similar students, one that has processes that can support us three, one that has the full permission of the owner, and one that is willing to give out their source documents. I'm really grateful to Ma'am Mayta and to the whole MCTC for allowing us to study their company.

Alas, even the prototype is not that secure. The reason is that, there are some points on their sales system that we need to clarify, especially on their source documents. There were fields on these papers that seem unclear of their purpose. And we hope MCTC can shed light on this issue through another dialog.

But what worries me is that, Ma'am Mayta (the interviewee) wanted our interview (last Tuesday) to be one-time; i.e. she cannot promise to give us another time for another interview. And also, she's quite busy and may not be able to entertain us. Though, she allowed us to drop a call should we have any concern.

Inasmuch as we wanted it to be, it's really hard to get all the information at once. Questions are inevitable to arise.

In regards with that, the one that answers the calls is not her but Miss Josy, her bookkeeper. I've called MCTC for some clarifications twice in a row, but Miss Josy can't give a definite answer. The details of the sales processes is not her main concern. And when I called her, she sounded a bit irritated. I even heard her exclaiming to Ma'am Mayta that we are calling again, in a sullen note.

I am determined to call them again, hoping for an appointment to push through. Better yet, have Ma'am Mayta talk to us on the phone, so we don't need to come personally. This may sound pretty straightforward and rash, but we don't have much choice. We can't move on with the study unless these issues are addressed.

I hope they can set time to answer our questions. It's one thing I pray. We direly need the answers, as the deadline (Sept. 27) is fast approaching. Please, have mercy on us. :(

0 Comments: