Friday, August 17, 2007

Taking a Break...

Because of pressing academic responsibilities, I'll be taking a break on posting on my blog. This year's performance is the most important and will ultimately spell success over failure, of wearing the revered toga and passing through the threshold, in laughters and tears, or being in the corner, crying in absolute grief and disappointment.

For years I have been very lenient on my studies. Really, I am not the type who studies 'hard core'. I am a certified crammer - one who studies for an examination by memorizing facts at the last minute. I get more 'stimulated', 'motivated', on working by the eleventh hour.

As I have stated numerous times on my posts, I am the type that would prefer solitude over company, a one-man team. I abhor the idea of group works, but not totally. I just hate it when projects are done with groups. I know that by grouping, members will be able to spend a little time yet work on a bigger project, generate more ideas, apportion the expenses, lighten the workload, all of which are positive. But what happens is that, only one person works on that big project, uses more brain power to its extent, and increases his workload, while the others just don't give a heed but hand over a few pennies for whatever amount the project will incur. And that just sucks.

That happened to me a lot of times (one instance here), and I end up the one doing the whole thing for the group. But then again, I am not totally abhorring the idea of collective effort, and what I've illustrated a while ago does not always happen, but terrible when it does. That's why most of the time I'd rather go alone. At least I have no one to blame but myself.

But all the cramming and the one-man teaming is about to change, hook or crook. Our professors are throwing away loads of group works, with deadlines just days one is next to another. Not to mention our minor and major exams, tilling my brain some more. I'm definitely going to need all the resources - physical, financial, intellectual, material, emotional, whatever is deemed important. I would (not just) try (but really work on it) to be an effective group member.

Ahh, so many things to do with so little time!

Time management issues? Huh, easy for you to say.

So that's it. I'll be leaving my blog (not to rot) for a very long while to focus more on my academic responsibilities. So many things (even weird ones) have happened, yet I was lazy in putting them on black-and-white. I feel so sorry for my blog. :(

Annyong hige seyo.




-----
On another note, I have actually left a lot of my posts hanging (i.e. those of which I promised to edit when I find 'time'. This is also one thing I hate about me - can hardly keep a promise even to myself. But I'm trying...) :(

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good article, well written and very thought out.