Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Community of Bloggers - A Filipino's Brainchild



I was reading my blog buddy Seanjames' page when I happened to have seen his shoutbox. A message suddenly caught my attention: Seanjames' blog is nominated for the Filipino Blog of the Week, much to my amusement and surprise.

Curious as to what the nomination was about, I clicked on Talksmart's URL. I was expecting for this to be like Technorati or Ratified. Talksmart is actually Mr. Salaswildthoughts, the Composed Gentleman, and the pioneer behind this brainchild - a community of bloggers.

I was wondering when this online community started. What could've inspired the Composed Gentleman in setting up a society of bloggers on the net? What were his underlying reasons? :)

And though I failed in finding the information, at least I dug through the records of what the Filipino Blog of the Week award is! Click here for a read.

True enough, it does follow a similar paradigm of blog election as that of Technorati and Ratified. Rankings are done through nominations from the community members.

-----



The image above is how a blogger can join the community. Membership's as simple as ABC -- you just need to add your blog link, and provide a link back of either two of his presented blogs to your blog. Heh, I'm #614. :p

Membership's still going on.

-----

Some comments from the members:

ice_edge said...
thanks, kuya. nice blog: fun to read, very informative, and promotes online relationships. very nice, indeed. :)

Eric Baroy Mahinay said...
This guy is not just an ordinary citizen..ang daming nalalaman.

OFW LIFE Lestat_m said...
added you in myblog roll..
thanks for the link...

regards and mabuhay ang mga blagistang pinoy!!!!..

joel ferraris said...
we need art...to enlighten the heart...and prepare the soul.

thanks a lot

-----

Definitely agree with the guys, and to all who posted their comments on there. It takes a titanic effort to gather the pieces into a meaningful whole. I'm glad that we don't need to be alone in the cyberspace.

I'm hoping to enjoy my stay in the community. *waits for the confirmation* :)

Kudos and more power, Mr. Salaswildthoughts. Your efforts are greatly appreciated. :)

And as for Sean's nomination...
Hmmm, I might think of voting for him, or not. :D

-----

I'm still pissed off as to why I can't add a new link on my link list. Worse, I can't even see my new posts. What the fish is the matter with Blogger now? :(


I can now add new links, and view my new posts. Perhaps it was because of my internet connection (shoddy service from an internet cafe *cough*).

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

indirect receptions notices crumbling orders drug membergroups starting proposer forbidding ante
lolikneri havaqatsu