Monday, August 27, 2007

The OJTs' Meeting


This morning was the scheduled OJTs' meeting of our department...

Sir Siegfried wanted to solicit comments from the OJTs regarding the work, and also to settle some issues and to reemphasize work conduct.

Just like most of the OJTs, I was also expecting my internship with Lexmark to be technically inclined - a training that would involve programming and development, where we can apply the knowledge cultured to us in school.

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed during my first few months. Going through every leaf of the test books can get really tedious, and with constant repetition and the humongous pile of paper, it can surely shrink us to oblivion. But I've come to love the work. It was a challenge offered to me by Miss Amy and Sir Siegfried during the interview, and I accepted it. It's just a matter of self-control and finding satisfaction with anything you do.

When some of us were complaining about having too much to do, there was Maelen contemplating on having nothing to do. A furtive grin came out of everyone's lips, exploding into laughters. Maelen, expect piles of paper to be on your desk tomorrow! Hahaha.

But what makes this event memorable to me was my coming out of my shell. Finally I got to clear my sexuality issue. All the while I was looking for an avenue to tell everyone that I am not gay. Yes, I tend to be sissy, but I'm not homosexual. I'm so thankful to have shed light on their minds, and for gaining their trust again. I know they were doubting me (read here). That's why I built walls and burned the bridges; I stayed away from them. I thought it was for good, until today happened.

Aah, I'm so happy for all of this to have ended!

To celebrate this event, Sir Siegfried and the teamleads hosted a lunch-out at Don Henrico's in Ayala. Present on the banquet were fried chicken, pastas, vegetable salad, tacos, and rice. Everyone was having a sumptuous meal.

We exchanged a lot of laughs, and became as wacky as we can get. I was even dancing on my seat! I was laughing my heart out, without pretensions nor fears. Now I've got nothing to hide. I can see the happiness on everyone's faces, something which I have longed to see again...

With Don Henrico's being an eat-all-you-can resto, everyone must finish everything on their plate. If not, then the person would have to pay for double the price. Joanna is having difficulty finishing her plate, and upon hearing the pay-double consequence, she tried to finish it. We were cheering on Joanna to finish it, and thank God she did!

We took lots of pictures, courtesy of Paul. Well, Paul was seemingly prepared for this event. He was the one who proposed Don Henrico's as the lunch-out venue.

I was so relieved. As I slowly shatter the walls, I'll start building the bridges. Ah, how I missed these guys! :)

0 Comments: